Re: RFS:cross-compiler package

Em Monday 09 August 2004 19:56, Shaul Karl escreveu:
>   I only tried cross compilation tools for a short time. I droped it
> due to the amount of work that was required to get the deb that I was
> interesting in cross compiled. Still, have you looked at dpkg-cross and
> the toolchain-source debs?

Fortunately I only want to cross-compile the kernel (many times). I used
dpkg-cross but very little since make-kpkg has its own infrastructure for
cross-compilation and supports the powerpc64 :)

I didn't use toolchain-source because it had gcc 3.3 and I wanted to use 3.4.
If I understand correctly, it contains the source code to gcc and binutils so
that a number of source packages do not have to include it right? I was
planing to use a single source package to build all the cross-compilers. This
way the source code would be all in one place. I admit that the package will
take a LONG time to compile.

> --
> "If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples then
> you and I will still each have  one apple. But  if you have an idea and I
> have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two
> ideas." -- George Bernard Shaw        (sent by  shaulk @ 013 . net . il)

Thanks for the comments,
Rafael