Re: Some questions

* Dan Korostelev [Thu, 05 Aug 2004 23:48:22 +0400]:

  please send this kind of questions to debian-mentors@l.d.o. [m-f-t set]

> package overview page (http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnome-ppp.html)
> says that new version of package hasnt entered testing because it wasn't
> built on arm.

  uhm, you just uploaded 0.3.14-1 today, so most likely it hasn't been
  built on any architecture yet.

  I'll assume you're talking about the previous version 0.3.13-1, which
  is what indeed p.qa.d.o still talks about.

> But build log on looks pretty clean and i should think
> that the package was built successfully. Can someone explain me what's
> the problem there then?

  your package has been built but has not been installed. read [1] for a
  description of the possible states and see figure at [2]. if I'm not
  wrong, your package gnome-ppp/0.3.13-1 has been stuck in the "admin
  signs and mails log" box in that figure since Jul 23 16:32 [3].

    [1] http://people.debian.org/~wouter/wanna-build-states
    [2] http://people.debian.org/~wouter/wanna-build.png
    [3] http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=gnome-ppp&ver=0.3.13-1&arch=arm&file=log

> and one more question:

> QA package overview page (http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?
> package=gnome-ppp&comaint=yes) says that the package is uninstallable on
> s390 on sid. How can I check why?

  it doesn't say 'sid' anywhere. in fact, the "Uninstallable" header is
  a link to http://www.debian.org/devel/testing. haven't looked at it,
  though.

> PS I know that's there is 0.3.14 is out, I'm waiting for my sponsor to
> upload it to debian. He's pretty busy now.

  ah, ok. so you were talking about 0.3.13.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.
                -- Oscar Wilde