Re: Follow-Up to a pending bug

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 05:43:11PM +0200, Tilman Koschnick wrote:
> I'm new to the Debian BTS, so I might ask the obvious... but I didn't
> find anything in the documentation.
>
> I want to make an addition to a bug report tagged pending. It's about
> #260810, which suggests a couple of new logcheck rules for postfix. I
> want to suggest a change of one of the rules (it's a fairly minor issue
> anyway), so what do I do? Re-open the bug, although it is pending upload
> and the original thing is fixed alright? Send a follow-up without
> changing the state of the bug? File a new bug, refering to #260810?

If you really think that this upload won't fix bug which is marked as fixed
then go and reopen it.

If your rules aren't related to this bug then feel free to fill another
bug for this package.

IMO you shouldn't reopen not your bug if you want some addition to it...
someone's problem has been resolved, and he is probably happy with this
solution... otherwise it would reopen it him/herself.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska