Re: How to link against non-public shared libraries?

    AvB> Call the binaries from a wrapper script that sets up
    AvB> LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

This is extra-ugly and I'm not going to do this.

    AvB> Not elegant, but isn't it what most Java applications do with
    AvB> their environment variables?

Java should be no way used as a reference of technical elegance. :-)

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
I think any law that restricts independent use of brainpower is suspect.
                                               -- Kent Pitman in comp.lang.lisp