Re: RFS: rlplot - generate publication quality graphs

> I've had a look at it. Hm, it's not exactly what I hoped for (at least
> not at it's present stage of development), and since I think I'm not
> going to use it, I also won't sponsor it.

I'm sorry to hear that. I agree it is still in quite an early stage of
development, but AFAIK it is the only program that can generate the type
of bar charts with error bars that I need.. Maybe openoffice one day..?

Also, the upstream author has just added curve fitting which is quite nice.

> Just some remarks:
>
> - The package should generate a menu entry
>
> - Don't ship gpl.txt.gz

These are two things I thought I had done.. I will have to take more care
with my releases, obviously.

> - Is there really no documentation except the manpage?

No.. but I could expand the manpage.

> - The GUI looks nice, but it seems it's not fully ready for a release:
>   It didn't ask me whether I wanted to save my plot when closing the
>   window; I couldn't find how I could completely remove the symbols and
>   only use the line (and other customization stuff), some actions are
>   extremely slow, I didn't find out how I could resize the columns etc.

I have passed these to upstream developer.. I think he is keen to get
feedback on needed features.

James