Re: device creation for udev

On 2004-07-04 Laszlo 'GCS' Boszormenyi <gcs@lsc.hu> wrote:
>  One of my packages require a device to be crated for functioning. It is
> ok if the user has a normal /dev/, but how should I handle the udev
> case? I can detect it, no problem; still I am looking forward for
> documentation how should I achieve this with udev and/or examples how
> other packages do it. Can someone help me out here?

The MAKEDEV currently in sarge (2.3.1-70) handles this automatically,
you just invoke /sbin/MAKEDEV and it does the right thing. I'd
suggest to simply version the depency on makedev.
                  cu andreas
PS: example for manual checking in cdrecord.
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"