Re: Fwd: saslauthd from binary package seg faulting?

On 2004-07-02 ms419@freezone.co.uk wrote:
[...]
> >I've tried for many months to get saslauthd working with PAM - I
> >happen to use the pam_krb5 module. Now it's working when I build it
> >myself - but I don't know why. I have a pretty stock installation of
> >unstable on a Pentium 75 and a Celeron 433.
[...]

Perhaps symbol-clashes. saslauthd links against libkrb5-17-heimdal and
libpam-krb5 against libkrb53. And when you compile it yourself sasl
is linked against libkrb53 instead, because it is installed.

How did you rebuild it? Did you ignore the Build-Dependencies?

BTW this off-topic for debian-mentors, this is not a user-support list
but one for debian packaging questions. I suggest to submit a
bugreport, using reportbug(1).
                  cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"