Re: RFS: akregator - RSS feed aggregator for KDE

> > - the diff.gz is pretty much empty, it just patches the
> > debian/changelog. I have not been able to verify if the upstream
> > tarballs contain debian/* as the files do not seem to be on the sf.net
> > mirrors yet.
they do.

> >  From the CVS logs you seem to be part of the development
> > team, so it might be simpler to have the upstream tarballs drop
> > debian/* and just include these files in your diff.gz (which doesn't
> > prevent you from keeping debian/* in the same CVS repository!).
> Yes, this is a problem, Pierre, please generate a proper .orig.gz tarball,
> without debian/ dir at all.
no problem, I'm the release tech anyway.
I'm on it.

> > - the package versions look dodgy, as there are 2 dashes
> > (1.0-beta4-1). Furthermore you are going to run into problems when the
> > final 1.0 version comes out:
> Two dashes are perfectly valid according to Policy.
> >
> > sharky@sharky:~$ dpkg --compare-versions 1.0-beta4-1 lt 1.0-1 && echo
> > true
> > sharky@sharky:~$
> The final version will be labelled 1.0.0-1 of course.
> >
> > You might consider labeling the beta versions something like
> > "0.99+1.0beta4-1".
for historical reason I have to keep the dash atm. Will be dropped in
favour of your suggestion above for next betas (i mean for other than
1.0 betas)
and like said Peter, next version will be 1.0.0-1 and then no problem at
all.

Cheers,
--
Pierre Habouzit