Status of XMAME in Debian

Hello,

After toying with emulation for a bit on my PC, I noticed that the XMAME packages in Debian are woefully outdated. I've attempted to contact the maintainer via his @debian.org adress, but have received no response. There have been many upstream improvements since the 0.74 version currently in the repository. I am ready to prepare updated packages for NMU, but I need someone who would be willing to sponsor them.

I'm a diehard video game fan and I spend many hours playing the classics on my computer. As a fellow Debian user, I would be honored to contribute to the project and I feel updating XMAME ( and possibly other gaming-related packages in the future ) would be the best way for me to do so.

Sincerely,
Lawrence Williams