Re: One Source with Different Build Dependancies?

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 11:55:43AM -0700, ms419@freezone.co.uk wrote:
> I am packaging source which builds two binary packages; however, each
> package has different build dependancies. In fact, the packages' build
> dependancies conflict.
>
> I don't think the dpkg tools have the facility to build one binary but
> not the other. Nor do I think one can specify different build
> dependancies for two binaries built from the same source.

As Santiago said, the only way this will work will be to have two source
packages.

The fact that you need packages that conflict to build these packages
appears to me to be saying something is seriously braindamaged.
Well-behaved packages don't conflict on themselves.  Perhaps it would
be better for everyone if you only built one of them?

  - Craig

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer