Re: RFS: apt-move -- Maintain Debian packages in a package pool

You can get this from my apt repository.

deb http://archive.mirrorlynx.com/ unstable main
deb-src http://archive.mirrorlynx.com/ unstable main

Dan Weber wrote:

Now that Herbert Xu and I maintain the upstream, I am looking for a sponsor to this wonderful package. We are now pending designs value adds for making it capable of doing the same tasks as mini-dinstall and debpool. The backend is complete. Just need a frontend to generate the .local files.

apt-move is used to move a collection of Debian package files into a proper archive hierarchy as is used in the official Debian archive. It is intended as a tool to help manage the apt-get(8) file cache, but could be configured to work with any collection of Debian packages.
 .
Running apt-move periodically will assist in managing the resulting partial mirror by optionally removing obsolete packages, and creating valid local Packages.gz files. It can also build a partial or complete local mirror of a Debian binary distribution (including an ``installed-packages only'' mirror).

Cheers,
Dan Weber