Re: UTF-8 changelog?

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, [iso-8859-2] Magosányi Árpád wrote:

> A levelezõm azt hiszi, hogy Jeroen van Wolffelaar a következõeket írta:
> > > changelog, then lintian figured out that I do an NMU. So I also
> > > converted control.
>
> > Use the -e'Your Name <youremail@provider.net>' to dpkg-buildpackage, in
> > ASCII (you need to have write your name without any non-ASCII, that is,
> > non-7bit, characters).
>
> > So in the latter case, write your name in debian/control in UTF-8 too.
>
> It is already done. Now I have to tell gnupg my name in UTF-8. But how?

Here, I created my key in Latin-1.  To make debsign use iit even though the
control file is in UTF-8, I enabled the following option in .gnupg/gpg.conf:

charset utf-8

I have no idea if this will work for a Latin-2 key, but it's worth trying.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.iki.fi/q-funk/