UTF-8 changelog?

Hi!

Lintian tells me that there are obsolete national charset characters
in debian/changelog, and I have to convert it to UTF-8.

The national characters are in my name. First I have converted
changelog, then lintian figured out that I do an NMU. So I also
converted control.

Now I cannot debsign, because I could not properly tell gnupg my name
in UTF-8 encoding (cut&paste did not actually work).

How did you handle the situation?
(I convert back to latin-2 for the time being, but I am overly
interested in the Right Way.)