Re: xfree86-driver-synaptics blocked by xserver-xfree86 on s390

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 10:20:58AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 05:09:53PM +0200, Mattia Dongili wrote:
[...]
> > sorry for being so pedantic. Today a bug has been submitted (#253616)
> > regarding this issue. The submitter states that the control file for
> > xfree86 states xserver-xfree86 is
> > Architecture:  alpha amd64 arm hppa hurd-i386 i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel
> >                netbsd-i386 powerpc sh3 sh4 sparc
>
> > but xserver-xfree86 is only available on alpha arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k
> > mips mipsel powerpc sparc [1]
>
> > so removing only s390 from the Architecture field of
> > xfree86-driver-synaptics may not be enough, right? So the correct
> > solution would be to only Suggest: xserver-xfree86 (>> 4.1.0)
>
> No, the correct solution is to ensure the xfree86-driver-synaptics
> package isn't built on architectures where it's known to be useless.

I understand this.

[...]
> The other architectures in the xfree86 control file can be ignored --
> they don't have autobuilders that are uploading to the archive.

ok.
My question was mainly due to the fact that I wasn't aware of the fact
that some architectures are ignored. I was worried by the fact a missing
xserver-xfree86 on let's say amd64 would raise the same problem I'm
having here with s390.

I hope I've been clearer, thanks :)
--
mattia