RFS: cdw - console and GUI based cd writer

Dear Mentors,

 I am looking for a sponsor of the cdw packages I have recreated as the
previous maintainer was unresponsive it was removed from Debian[1].
But first, facts about the package:
* Package name    : cdw
  Version         : 0.2.3
  Upstream Author : Balazs Varkonyi (vbali) <vbali@linuxforum.hu>
* URL             : http://cdw.sf.net/
* License         : GPL v2
  Description     : Tool for burning CD's

Ncurses-based frontend for cdrecord and mkisofs. It can handle audio and
data CD burning, through a CD image or directly from the files.

I am not new to packaging, but this is my first multi binary package
even if it's lintian clean, and I have passed all steps depending on me
for becoming a Debian Developer[2]. So I would like to ask around if I
do everything correctly, and later someone to upload it for me. The
package is available from m.d.n[3], my repository[4] and from my web
page[5].

Basically the package builds as follows:
- create a build-tree/ with cdw/ and gcdw/ subdirs under debian/
- configure both binary packages into them, and make the packages there
- make install the cdw package into debian/tmp/ , and copy the gcdw
  binary from it's compilation (gcdw contains GTK+ based GUI support)
- use dh_install to separate the files to multiple binary packages, and
  do all the stuff to create the deb's
Does this sound reasonable?

I think I have two mistakes:
- cdw-common should not depend either on cdw or gcdw
- cdw and gcdw may conflict with each other, as gcdw also contains
  console support (and needs the -g flag to actually start in GUI mode,
  so I may hack it to start in GUI mode if called as gcdw)

Question (but I will re-read the relevant policy section): why the
package menus do not show up under Gnome2.6? IMO the section may be
wrong.

Thanks for the help in advance,
Laszlo/GCS
[2] http://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=gcs%40lsc.hu