Re: new ftp client packages

Mark Wilson <wils@aon.at> writes:

> Greetings,
> i have just built a package which i quite like and looking for a sponsor
> and guide.
>
> Package: junkie
> Section: net
> Installed-Size: 1340
> Maintainer: Mark Wilson <wils@aon.at>
> Architecture: i386
> Version: 0.3.1-1
> License: See Website below.
> Junkie has alot of juicy jokes and yet more on the way. If you as me
> always  thought *nix lacked a good gui ftpclient give junkie a go!
>
> Junkie is a GTK2 FTP client for the X Windows system. It has features
> such as queueing files, downloading/uploading of whole directories,
> caching of directories, drag and drop, a site manager, preferences (and
> a configure library), and a powerful, event-based FTP library.
>
> Package Download:  http://members.aon.at/wilswilson

ssl support?

No Depends on any libs or just not pasted?

MfG
       Goswin

Mark Wilson <wils@aon.at> writes:

Greetings Goswin, thanks for your mail, do you mean the Build-Depends?

with, "strace -f -o /tmp/log ./configure", i get:

checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for main in -lcrypt... yes
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.3... yes (version 2.2.3)
checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.3... yes (version 2.2.4)
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for esd-config... /usr/bin/esd-config
checking for ESD - version >= 0.2.8... yes
checking for vorbis libraries at /usr ... found at /usr
checking for libmikmod-config... /usr/bin/libmikmod-config
checking for libmikmod - version >= 3.1.7... yes, `/usr/bin/libmikmod-config --version`
checking for rename... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for asprintf... yes
checking for memset... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for memcpy... yes
checking for atol... yes
checking for basename... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating themes/Makefile
config.status: creating sound/Makefile
config.status: creating cute/Makefile
config.status: creating src/libjamp/Makefile
config.status: creating configure.h

i should add:

libgtk2.0-0
libgtk2.0-dev
libmikmod-dev
libvorbis-dev

Is this correct, are the others standard enough not to add?
Should i add these to the ~/debian/control file, and rebuild??

From what i read on the junkie website:  http://junkie.doomed.org/

"the next version there should be both SFTP and FXP support".

Cheers

Wils