Re: how to force binary package rebuild?

On 2004-05-30 Mike Williams <mdub@dogbiscuit.org> wrote:
> One of my packages (librmagick-ruby) recently stopped working (details left
> intentionally vague).  I believe this was due to a change in one of the
> libraries it depends on.

> In any case, rebuilding against an updated sid install got it working
> again, without any source changes required.  In other words, my source
> package is fine; it's just the i386 binary package that is bogus.

> I suspect that users of my package are going to be hit by this, too.

> Q. Is there an easy way for me for get an updated i386 package into the
>    archive, without incrementing the revision-number?

If you are positive that only the i386 package is broken you can
recompile it with a special version number as described in
"5.10.2.1 Recompilation or binary-only NMU" in developers reference.

Otherwise just upload a new revision with:
* recompiled to fix spurious errors.
               cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"