Re: RFS: libxp-java : XML 1.0 parser for Java

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 05:00:23PM +0200, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> Nicolas Duboc <nicolas@duboc.net> writes:
>
> >    Hi,
>
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Do you still need a sponsor?
>
> Why sablevm and gij aren't alternatives for java1-runtime? (if there is
> no reason, can I add them as alternatives?

   I have added kaffe on the Depend line because of the lintian warning
"virtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends" [1].

   The package really depends on the virtual package java-runtime1.
I have chosen kaffe since I know the package perfectly works with kaffe
VM and libraries. It also works with sablevm (it seems to not work on
gij but I don't know yet why).

    This alternative is only for users who don't already have a
java1-runtime package. In this case only the first real package of the
alternative is considered by APT (which install it by default as
dependency).

   I don't think adding other alternatives is useful. But if I'm wrong,
I will add it, of course.

[1] http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tvirtual-package-depends-without-real-package-depends.html

--
Nicolas Duboc <nicolas@duboc.net>