Re: /etc/init.d/ script policy violation?

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 03.40, David Krovich wrote:
> I have a question.  If an /etc/init.d script hangs indefinately while
> waiting for user input, is this a violation of Debian policy?

My server not booting up to the point where ssh is running and accepting
logins means a 2h journey to get there only to press the return key and
perhaps execute two trivial commands, and 2h journey back. So if you're
the maintainer responsible for this, expect some really angry
email... :-/

(disclaimer: I don't use drbd and haven't looked at the bug in deep
detail. But just the fact that a init.d script may hang on error makes
me afraid of using apt-get update...)

cheers
-- vbi

--