Re: Sponsor for Ontographics?

Roman Kennke wrote:
Hi,

Am So, den 23.05.2004 schrieb Jepri um 6:52:

I dowloaded and had a look. To start withm you've hardcoded the path the java in your program, which is bad:

Yeah, how could I do better?

Look in $PATH.

Java 1.4 is the only Java version I know,
that Ontographics works with. I could check for a JAVA_HOME environment
variable, but 1. I don't know, if this is an 1.4 RE 2. this practice is
not encouraged in the Debian Java policy.
I also could use /usr/bin/java instead, which is managed by
alternatives, but again, my app doesn't work with kaffe/gjc/another JRE,
so I don't see the point.

I do. The point is that not everyone puts their jre in /usr/lib. Most debian users I know wouldn't pollute their /usr/lib with jre - they'd use /usr/local/lib.

Or like me, they'd install it in /opt, where Sun puts everything.

Or on a system where I'm a normal user, it goes in ~/jre.