Re: What to put in a devel deb package

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 06:07:57AM -0400, Alejandro Arrieta Rios wrote:
>Hello
>
>I want to make deb packages of some programs that I use (quake2 dday mod).
>I saw that source packages need *-dev packages to be built. These -dev
>packages only contain header files, or something more?
>I need a quake2-dev to start trying to make my quake2 dday mod deb package,
>but it doesnt exists. So i want to make the quake2-devel myself.
>All hints are welcomed.

Look into source packages in the archive that are similar to what you
would like to package.

Build your own package and ask here for someone to check it.

Please read [0] if you haven't done so.

[0] http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

>I have almost finished replacing the textures from the Quake2 CD that are
>needed to play this mod, so it will have no problem to make into Debian.
>
>Bye
>
>---
>Alejandro Arrieta Rios
>CS Student UTFSM
>Chile

Anibal Monsalve Salazar
--
 .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
: :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800, Australia