RFS: libpam-usb, PAM module allowing authentication via USB-Storage device

Hi Mentors,

   I think this software could be useful.  I'm looking for a sponsor.

   This is an update of an old RFS. I'm still looking for a sponsor. Greets.

 pam_usb  is   a  PAM  module  that  enables   authentication  using  an
 USB-Storage  device (such  as an  USB Pen)  through  DSA private/public
 keys.

 It can also work with other devices, such as floppy disks or cdroms. It
 can be setup to work with any application using PAM such as your system
 login  (login),  your   X  login  (XDM/KDM/GDM/...),  your  screensaver
 (xscreensaver/...), and  many others.   It supports multiple  users for
 the same device,  multiple hostnames for the same  user, serial numbers
 access list and private key encryption.

 pam_usb comes along usbadm, a tool which helps managing users and keys.
 In short you  will be able to  login by simply plugging on  the USB pen
 and entering your login name.

Package I made:
 name:    libpam-usb
 license: GPL