Re: dh_installinit...

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 12:18:07PM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 11:20, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> > I'm not sure what would be best practice to avoid those errors, because
> > the admin might have to configure the video device first anyway (though
> > the default /dev/video0 is usually a nice guess).
>
> I should think the normal case for a webcam (I'm thinking USB webcams,
> now) would be for the cam to not necessarily be present at boot time.
> Instead, when the cam module is loaded/unloaded by the kernel it should
> invoke via kernel module (un-)loading hooks the necessary scripts for
> starting/stopping the streaming server.  Are you sure you really want
> this as an init script?

My sponsor wanted me to add one... :)  My first package version was just
the installed software with a sample configuration and a text describing
how to set up and start it.

BTW - it does not have to be a webcam. It could also stream your desktop
e.g. depending on the module and how you configured it.

-- Balu