Re: Problem with Files section in .changes

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 10:47, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> On 2004-04-16 Steffen Nissen <lukesky@diku.dk> wrote:
> > When trying to upload files to mentors.debian.net an error occurs
> > because of errors in the .changes file. I can see what the error is, but
> > unfortunately I do not know how to fix them.
>
> > The files section is as follows and I believe that the '-' is an error,
> > but I do not know how to fix it. Any suggestions?
>
> > Files:
> >  1757f49ec7042da8d3ecaa183daafc27 512 - optional libfann1_1.1.0-1.dsc
> [...]
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get upgrade

Thanks, but dpkg-dev is already the newest version (I am using testing),
should I get it from unstable?

> You need to update dpkg-dev.
>
> See http://bugs.debian.org/190611 http://bugs.debian.org/221989
> http://bugs.debian.org/222760
>
> BTW: "an error occurs" is a poor problem description, always
> *quote* the error message.
>                 cu andreas

The original error message was:
Your request to upload your package could not be fulfilled.
Error:
Something feels wrong here... (section='-'). Please contact
opers@mentors.debian.net. ( 3ed03ada55f503d04ae4907867f694fb 512 -
optional libfann1_1.1.0-1.dsc)
Your files on the server have been removed from the incoming
directory. Please correct the error and redo your upload.

So I actually thinks that "an error occurs" is a step in the right
direction, but I agree ;-)

Regards,
 Steffen