Re: Development packages.

* Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> [040323 22:00]:
> Err, no, it wouldn't contain files for static linking, it'd contain
> debugging information so that you could debug your programs using gdb.
> You were talking about debugging above.

I was talking of debugging by compiling it using static libraries. This
made it in my experience much easier to find some obscure forms of
pointers going wrong and the program crashing on total unrelated places,
as it removes all variability by a dynamic linker...

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.