Re: How to access cvs.debian.org with ssh/rsa keys?

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 05:51:49PM +0100, Frank K?ster wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently been given write access to the tetex directories on
> cvs.debian.org, but it seems when I login, the password is blown over
> the net in plaintext.
>
> I have put my rsa key into the LDAP system, and can login e.g. into
> gluck with ssh. Since the key is protected by a password, I'm asked this
> password, but then the question asked is:
>
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/frank/.ssh/id_rsa':
>
> I have set CVS_RSH=ssh, and I try to access the cvs with
>
> cvs -d :pserver:frank@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/tetex login
> Logging in to :pserver:frank@cvs.debian.org:2401/cvs/tetex
> CVS password:
>
> This doesn't look like ssh authentication. What am I doing wrong (or
> what should I have read)?

I don't know about cvs.debian.org, but 'pserver' is the CVS protocol,
you want to use 'ext'.

cvs -d :ext:jeroen@cvs.debian.org/cvs/tetex co test

does try a ssh connect (I cannot login), so that seems to solve it
(maybe you do need a different port though).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl