How to build package depending on source of other package...

Hello list,

Please CC me on answers since I'm not on this list (yet).

I'm currently in the NM process, and the packages I would like to contribute
are ripmime, and clamdmail.

Now, no problems are present concerning ripmime (which is packaged at
http://debian.kcore.org), but for clamdmail...

the problem is that clamdmail depends on the actual presence of the source of
clamav (and uses files from that). Is there any way I can package this thing,
either by including the required files, or making a build-depends on the
source of clamav and patching the source to build to that tree?

Thanks.

Jan