Re: data files in /etc?

* Magosányi Árpád <mag@bunuel.tii.matav.hu> [040212 22:52]:
> -if one wants to make the boot process unable to modify configuration,
>  they will also be stumbled upon. (And given the fact that mount
>  actually deletes and recreates /etc/mtab, the challenge is...
>  challenging.)

At least some time ago mount was able to deal with /etc/mtab
beeing a link to /proc/mounts. (As long as no loop-devices
where involved). This should at least make this work.
(lvm could be tougher, I never looked at it but the idea
 looks a bit suspicous in the whole...)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.