Re: Buildds fail on quite a few architectures

* Tobias Toedter (t.toedter@gmx.net) [040127 20:55]:
> Building Dependency Tree...
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   xlibs-dev: Depends: libice-dev but it is not installable
>              Depends: [some more packages] but it is not installable
> E: Sorry, broken packages
> apt-get failed.
>
> xlibs-dev is included in the source package xfree86, which has had an upload
> yesterday -- it seems like there occured some problems with the upload,
> probably because it's an upgrade to version 4.3.0.
>
> Judging from the buildd's error message, I would think that the build failure
> is not my fault. Is that right?

It seems so to me.

> My question is: do I have to do anything about the failure of the buildds, or,
> more specifically: *can* I do anything about it? Will my package be rebuilt
> when xfree86 builds cleanly?

Well, the current situation is especially delicate. The short answer
is: Your package will be automatically picked-up again if the
buildd-admin does his job right. (The longer answer is that XFree
4.3.0 was unaccepted today, so that your dependencies are not broken
anyways. In the other case I'd have advised you a rebuild-only upload
so that the packages are build on all architectures against the same
X-version.)

Cheers,
Andi
--