Re: Need an advocate

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 07:28:49PM -0600, Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> I am in search of someone who will agree to advocate me to become a debian

http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

Specifically "There is no point asking for an advocate on debian-mentors"
and the question "So how do I get an advocate then?".

> developer.  You can see my work on mentors.debian.org.  I have done the

$ ping mentors.debian.org
ping: unknown host mentors.debian.org

I think you wanted s/\.org/\.net/.

> bootsplash, bootsplash-theme-*, kernel-patch-bootsplash, and
> sysv-rc-bootsplash packages.

There is no mention of bootsplash in my packages list, nor on p.d.o.

I think you've got your process a bit arse-about backwards.  I'd recommend a
careful perusal of the FAQ given above.  If bootsplash is what I think it
is, however, you may have a potential sponsor and advocate in yours truly.
<g>

- Matt