Testing of new htdig version?

Hello there,

I finally found some time and debianized the currenlty released beta of htdig (3.2.0b5,cvs of today, packages as 3.2.0b5-1). First tests on my side seem to indicate that the release critical bugs seem indeed to have vanished, however, I have no means to test on large document collections. Quite a few other issues of the 3.1.6 series look better..

Bugs in question (marked them as done, my first testing indicates they are indeed resolved): 200734/200786

URLs to the packages:

http://users.linuxbourg.ch/ribnitz/debian/htdig_3.2.0b5.orig.tar.gz
http://users.linuxbourg.ch/ribnitz/debian/htdig_3.2.0b5-1.diff.gz
http://users.linuxbourg.ch/ribnitz/debian/htdig_3.2.0b5-1.dsc
http://users.linuxbourg.ch/ribnitz/debian/htdig_3.2.0b5-1_i386.changes
http://users.linuxbourg.ch/ribnitz/debian/htdig_3.2.0b5-1_i386.deb

The packages were built on a Sarge installation.

I know that various other problems with the packages exist - but I thinkm that resolving the rc bugs is a start.

So please do some testing (on a larger website, preferably)

Thanks

Robert Ribnitz
Package Maintainer