Re: Looking for a mentor

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 09:08:53AM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 07:06:12PM -0800, Jess Mahan wrote:
>
> >  I would like to become a Debian maintainer, but I understand that I
> >  need a mentor first.
>
>   Right now you need to have a sponsor to look over your packages then
>  upload them for you.  After that this sponsor may well decide that
>  having worked with you they wish to become your mentor.

Wasn't it that way that you look for a mentor (or many using this list ;)
that helps you creating your package. And then you need a sponsor to
upload your file (of course it's nice if it's the mentor that helped you
creating your package).

And finally your mentor/sponsor decides to be your advocate and starts
your New-Maintainer-process?

     Balu
PS: You learn a lot about the process, while waiting for mentors,
sponsors and advocates... :-]