Re: Debian Installer sends acknoledgements to uploader, doesn't it?

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 09:53:45AM +1000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2003-10-21 19:15]:
> > Boggle. Your sponsor just signed something you'd built? Sponsors are
> > supposed to build packages themselves, not accept binaries from
> > elsewhere.
>
> He runs a m68k buildd, so building his packages again kind of defeats
> the whole purpose...

I'm not sure I'd ever considered the possibility of a non-developer
running a buildd properly. Perhaps somebody else could be the buildd
operator who does all the signing and uploading and Goswin could host
and maintain it?

(Or maybe this is already the case and I've just misunderstood.)