RFS: Intel's OpenCV library for computer vision applications

Packages: opencv1,opencv1-dev
 OpenCV means Intel(R) Open Source Computer Vision Library. It is a
 collection of C functions and few C++ classes that implement some
 popular algorithms of Image Processing and Computer Vision.

Download: http://www.mast.queensu.ca/~nagydani/opencv/

I am seeking a sponsor for the above mentioned package(s). They claim to be
"Open Source"*, but as far as I could judge from their (rather short) license,
they might be considered non-free from a Debian point of view.

The reason I would like to see opencv in debian is that it is being used by
computer vision labs in many universities and other machine vision research
centers around the world and including the library would help the
endorsement of debian by these labs. The amount of scientific tools in
debian makes it a natural distribution of choice for researchers.

I am willing to take on the responsibilities of maintaining this package,
but -- especially during the first times -- I need help in becoming more
familiar with debianization.

I have tried to make the packages as debian-compliant as possible, but
I am quite aware that a number of minor (or maybe even major) issues might have
escaped my attention.

Thank you very much in advance!

--
Daniel

* I have followed the tradition of quoting the accompaniing documentation in
the short and long descriptions, but maybe the term "Open Source" should be
omitted from there if it turns out not to be. IANAL, so please check OS
compliance for me.