Re: Beyond sponsoring

Hi,

Geert Stappers wrote:
> My appologies if you did feel offended.

No problem; I wasn't.

> Package sponsoring surely helps. Telling people to use sourceforge, is
> pointing to the wrong direction. However, no hardfeelings.

He already does use sourceforge. IMHO, if people already use a tool (A),
telling them to actually use that tool correctly is a Good Thing(A+).

Telling them that there's a better tool out there, for some metric of
"better", is also a Good Thing(B). However, people tend to use different
metrics...

I might also have told him B (and I probably will do that, next time), but if
for the problem at hand the solution A+ is just as helpful as B and
significantly less work for the maintainer, then advocating B _instead_of_ A+
is a disservice, IMHO.

Just explaining -- again, no hard feelings taken or intended.

--
Matthias Urlichs    |    {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de     |    smurf@debian.org
Disclaimer: The quote was selected randomly. Really. | http://smurf.debian.net