Re: Multi-source package. Native?

Actually, Zed privately answered this.  Apparently I was
wrong about what "native" meant, so I'll just have to
manually create iraf-2.12.orig.tar.gz as the conformant
distribution file.

And regarding the IRAF "bootstrap", yes I understand this.

Essentially what's going on is that IRAF is (or is trying
to be) self-hosting, in that the build process actually
uses IRAF to build.  This is the same problem with Lisp
compilers in Lisp, C compilers in C, and the recent PyPy
project that is writing a Python compiler/interpreter in
Python.

Fun stuff.  ;-D

Cheers,
Terry