Re: FAQ for debian-mentors

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 01:03:46PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Re: FAQ for debian-mentors [Joe Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>, Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 10:49:09AM -0400, <[🔎] 20030904144909.7795E1C93D@laptop.nahmias.net>]
> > 4) Same section, there should be a step 3.5 which says something
> > like: "Upload the source package to machine for public review,
> > mentors.debian.net provides a service that is useful for this purpose".
>
> You have to stress that people actually upload the _source_ package. If
> not told, they tend to provide i386 binaries.

Is "all of the files (.orig.tar.gz, diff, changes, dsc, and binary
package(s)) relating to your package" not strong enough?  I would have
thought it would have been clear enough.  Just writing "source package"
would be less informative, IMHO.  This way, at least, there's half a chance
that people will notice that they're missing some files...

If you'd like to suggest a better wording for the paragraph, I'd be happy to
include it.  I just can't think of a clearer way to express it.

- Matt