Re: dev/cdrom

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 04:59:07AM -0000, Neol Anderson wrote:
> While working with Debian i suddenly lost my cdrom device.
> When ever i try to mount /cdrom it says that its an invalid block
> device.
>
>  Can anyone suggest how do i get my /cdrom back to working. i
> deleted the /dev/cdrom

  This kind of message should have been posted to debian-user.
debian-mentors is for helping with packaging software in a debian
packages. You might want to read the FAQ,
http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html.
  I seem to have a similar problem due to using kernel 2.6.0-test2. It
wasn't like that with the 2.4 series.
--

    Shaul Karl,    shaulk @ actcom . net . il