Re: sponsor for minido

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 10:57:28AM +0200, francesco levorato wrote:
> i was adviced to write a more explaining mail about the package i am
> asking a sponsor for.
> minido is "a simple, generic, multi-user, database free todo list
> manager / tracking system written in GTK2"
> simple mean that it is really simple to use (interface has a total of 4
> buttons ;)
> minido is also generic because it bases itself on xml profiles,
> completely editable and customizable.
> it is also multi user because profiles are stored in /usr/share so every
> system user can access it, while it stores information in a home
> subdirectory.
> for further info check http://michaelo.free.fr/minido/
> If you are interested in sponsoring the package have a look at the link
> below:
> http://flevour.mine.nu/debian/
> thanks in advance,

Hi Francesco,

I've downloaded and taken a look at this package.

It still needs a fair amount of work before it's anywhere NEAR ready for
upload.

You need to write the manpage...what you have is still just the boilerplate
provided by dh_make.  In fact, there's a LOT of boilerplate from dh_make
left over here.  You need to go through the boilerplate, decide what you do
and don't need, and delete anything that you don't need.

The first line of the long description is exactly the same as the short
description.

Do all of those build-deps REALLY need to be so tightly versioned?

There look to be quite a lot of build-deps as well, are they really all
necessary?  (for example, libpango1-dev *already* depends on libpango1, as
well as libglib2.0, etc).

/bin/sh: line 1: /usr/bin/docbook-to-man: No such file or directory
  You appear to be missing a build-dependency (on docbook-to-man).

It's an okay start, but it needs quite a bit of work still to tidy it up.

After you've done the work, perhaps post to here again and we can do another
round of picking nits?

Cheers,

Stephen