Packaging a python module

Today I have spent a few hours trying to package a python library called
lupy.

http://www.divmod.org/Lupy/

Firstly, I think there is Debian Python Policy. But I can't find it. Any
clues?

Is there a simple example somewhere? One that just dumps some .py files
into site-package? I did apt-get source some packages.  Most seem to
compile some C. I don't need to do that.

I looked closely at pyblosxom, but I am a little bit confused how under
debian/ there is pyblosxom/ with everything again with the directory
structure. Is that right?

I thought the debian/ was a set of basic control files that assembles
the sources below it.

I ran dh_make and it seem to have created a whole host of unnecessary
files...

I tried dh_python:
hendry@bilbo:~/lupy-package/python-lupy-0.1.5.2$ dh_python
Can't stat debian/python-lupy: No such file or directory
 at /usr/bin/dh_python line 124

Is it looking for some sort of structure like pyblosxom that I mentioned?

In debian/rules of pyblosxom, there are these entries:
include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/buildcore.mk
include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk
include /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk

What is cdbs? Did I need it to?

Other questions. How do I replace bilbo (my machine's name) <hendry@bilbo>
with a proper email extension?

Do I edit the changelog with a special tool?

Kind regards,
-Kai Hendry