changing from configuration file to conffile

In my package suck, I'm planning on changing from a configuration file
that is edited in postinst based on a debconf question to a conffile.
It's for an auxilery script that can use a command line option for
that paramater anyway.  Many users would need to edit the file anyway.

Is there anything to watch for when chainging to a conffile?

Should I do something to purge the obsolete debconf question?

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html