Re: KTrack 0.3.0alpha1 packaged for unstable.

This one time, at band camp, Neil McGovern said:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 12:54:37PM +0200, Jaime Robles wrote:
> > I have packaged KTrack 0.3.0alpha1 for Debian unstable.
> > It has just a few linda/lintian error and warnings but i still don't know how
> > to fix them and i think they are not grave. :-)
>
> W: ktrack: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/bin/ktrack /usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
>
> I had this problem with my package (drivel). In the end, I just used the
> program (and package) "chrpath". Sorts it out nicely :P

Frequently this is an option that can be given to ./configure - if this
is a KDE program, it definitely is.

> E: ktrack: package-has-a-duplicate-relation xlibs (>> 4.1.0), xlibs (>> 4.2.0)
> N:
> N:   The package seems to declare a relation on another package which is
> N:   already implied by other relations it declares, and is therefore
> N:   redundant. This is not only sloppy but can break some tools.

This is actually more minor than it seems - it's a side effect of how
shlibdeps does it's work WRT xlibs, I think.  Take a look at kcdlabel
for examples of how to get rid of both of these problems (debian/rules)

|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |