Re: Packaging buggy programs

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:30:26 +0100, Neil McGovern <maulkin@halon.org.uk> said:

> Hi all, I was wondering over this (partially hypothetical) question:

> If I find a program that contains quite a few bugs (causes crashing
> of the program, no external data loss), should it be packaged?

	If you consider it worth while enough to spend your time doing
 it, there must be some value.

> The program I found contained too many bugs to be considered for
> packaging (IMO), but should, in general, someone wait until the
> program becomes stable within itself?

	How can we find bugs if it is not tried out?

	It is up to you determine how buggy it is, and whether those
 bugs are serious enough to warrant placing it in experimental vs
 unstable.

	manoj
--
"The road to hell is paved with melting snowballs." --Larry Wall in
<1992Jul2.222039.26476@netlabs.com>