MusiXTeX

Hi,

unfortunately, the maintainer of musixtex, Anthony Fok, doesn't have the
time to work on it; I didn't get a reply for 4 weeks now. I incorporated
the new upstream version, fixed the remaining open bugs (except #122204,
which is unreproducible) in musixtex and moved it from non-free to main
due to the "new" GPL licensing policy upstream. I also contacted the
upstream author and repackaged the examples to adequately supplement the
now GPL'ed package.

The Debian package location: http://www.antcom.de/musixtex/

The debian/changelog entry:

> musixtex (1:0.112-1) unstable; urgency=low
>
>  * New upstream release (Closes: #193729)
>  * Moved package from Section: non-free/tex to tex (GPL now)
>  * Added Section: doc for musixtex-doc (Closes: #135762)
>  * Removed wrong links from Description field (Closes: #193707)
>  * Removed misleading reference to GNU LilyPond from Description
>    (Closes: #169918)
>  * Adjusted debian/postinst: added texhash call instead of manual
>    configuration (Closes: #33107)
>  * Adjusted debian/copyright (-> GPL)
>  * Standards-Version: 3.5.9
>
> -- Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de>  Sun, 18 May 2003 15:33:14 +0200

Please feel free to review, discuss and upload it. The maintainer didn't
prepare a new upload for more than 3 years now but once authorized
Andreas Tille to NMU:

>  Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:16:03 +0800
>  From: Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>
>  To: "Tille, Andreas" <TilleA@rki.de>
>  Subject: Re: MusixTex NMU
>
>  > ...
>
>  Yes, it would be wonderful if you could prepare an NMU to update the
>  package and fix the bugs.

Unfortunately, Andreas also doesn't have the time now and delegated me
to this list.

Thanks in advance!

(btw: It's not that I want to "hijack" this package. I'm already
maintaining enough ones. Andreas just suggested the lists and I didn't
get any reply at debian-devel. So generally: What about packages
officially maintained, but practically not?)

bye,
  Roland
--
Roland Stigge