Re: libgtop2 NMU and advice asked.

> I am currently preparing a NMU for libgtop2, which is broken and whose
> maintainer told me has no time to fix right now.
>
> Now, the problem was that the libgtop library moved from 0.so.0.0.1 to
> 0.so.1.0.1, and the install rules didn't catch this changes.

The normal procedure is to rename the binary package to
libgtop2-1 (it should probably have been libgtop2.0-1, but
people seem to have their own tastes about this.)
And then noting each maintainer to recompile against the new package,
and optionally doing a mass-NMU and uploading to DELAYED queue...

A reference document for library package naming is available here:

http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/
http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html

regards,
	junichi