Re: libexecdir - helper scripts

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 07:41:33PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:

> There's an easier way.  In your Makefile.am, just do this:
>
>   pkglibexecdir = $(libexecdir)/$(PACKAGE)
>
> and then
>
>   pkglibexec_PROGRAMS = foo
>   foo_SOURCES = foo.c foo.h bar.c bar.h

I considered that, but didn't go that route because that means $(PACKAGE)
always gets appended to libexecdir so you cannot completely override with
--libexecdir.  That's why I ended up changing the default for libexecdir.

I'll discuss it more with our developers.  Perhaps your suggestion above is
the best way to go.

Thanks for your time,

--
Bill Moseley