html changelogs

Hello,

I'm packageing eclipse, which consist of several 'plugins'. eclipse
is currently seperated into 8 packages, containing one or more plugins
each. Most of the plugins have seperate buildnotes, all in html, but
named differently each. This buildnotes state every bugzilla bugfix,
which was closed during each build (usually a build a day) together
with other improvments made, so they are big (eclipse-platform: 9
files, altogether ~200kb).

Additonally, this buildnotes can be viewed at the upstreams homepage.

I'm now not sure, what I should do with this files. Debian policy
says, that I should produce a txt version of this files and name it
changelog. But doing so would mean, that I have to append one file
to the other and I would get a really big mess. Keeping the html is
a big waste of space (no navigation in that files, so html is only
usefull for having a look at the bugzill bugs), but that would mean
that no "changelog" is there.

My idea now would be to add a 'changelog' pointer, which just say,
that there is no real changelog, but buildnotes for each containing
plugin and that this notes can be found next to 'this file'. Also I
would convert the html files to txt versions and name them
consistently (currently *buildnotes*.html, then
buildnotes_plugin.txt).

Is this ok?

Jan