Question about non-US

I've been looking to take over the orphaned package vtun (and am nearly
complete packaging it. It has a number of autotools issues that need to
be addressed still). However, I noticed that it is a non-US package.

I'm wondering if this is exactly a problem, because I live in the US.
Can I simply take it over and still have it uploaded to the non-US
section of the archive? The policy manual doesn't say anything besides
non-US is for cryptographic code, and says nothing against a US
resident uploading to non-US, but it's still a good idea for me to
get clarification.

Morgon
--
You said homosexuals form a small percentage of the population.  So
do Jews.  Is that a reason to deny someone equality?