Re: subdirectories in /usr/lib/cgi-bin? (and html-pages)

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.10305201945131.26589-100000@triac.ieee.uow.edu.au> yo
u write:
> On Tue, 20 May 2003, [iso-8859-1] Jörgen Hägg wrote:
>
> Have you considered /usr/share/<package>/cgi-bin and
> /usr/share/<package>/html and adding the necessary bits for Apache (and
> derivatives), and possibly any other webserver which users mention?  There's
> pretty general purpose code to do such things in my phpwiki package
> (although it's PHP, not CGI).

That would be a much cleaner solution, keeping everything in /usr/share.

Seems as if there should be a program like 'update-web-links'. :-)
Or some dh_-script to add the proper lines to postinst.
Maybe your code could be used in some general weblink command?

Anyway, many thanks for your help.