subdirectories in /usr/lib/cgi-bin? (and html-pages)

I've been searching the policy for guidance about cgi-scripts.
The only thing I find is that they should be placed in /usr/lib/cgi-bin.

But if there are several programs with short names that may
collide with other packages, is it ok to
put them in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/package-name/?

Or would that break some web servers?

Another question is where to put html-pages that the package uses.
(Not documentation)

/var/www seems to be a bad place, the only reasonable
is /usr/share/doc/package-name/xyz.html or
/usr/share/doc/package-name/html/xyz.html and refer to them
with /doc/package-name/whatever.

Is that acceptable or is there a better place for them?